On the eve of my seventeenth birthday, I have decided to enlighten the world with my philosphy. Or atleast that's what I'm telling myself.Yes, that's right. In T minus 40 minutes, I will officialy be the ripe 'ole age of 17. Did you detect a sense of sarcasim in that last line? Yes.Turning 17 isn't a big huge deal for me. Some may think that's a little crazy. Some also havn't turned 17.17 is one age that has the pleasure of being called, by me, a "bullshit year". Why? You ask. When a person turns 15, they normally get thier driver's permit. Upon my 16th birthday, I got my drivers license. Now, I'm tunring 17. What do I get? Nothing mandated my the state of North Carolina. Which has it's good-side, as well. Those DMV ladies are pricks and a half.Not to sound ungreatful, really. I'm happy I've survived 17 years of Mount Airy. Did you, perhaps, sense a hint of sarcasim in that line, too? yeah yeah.But no, really. I'm going to be 17. I'm going to be a prime number for the first time since 13! wOOt! And they said I didn't pay attention in math class.....buttmunches.Ahh, now on with my useless points.I'm a senior in high school right now. Yippie. Not. I'm happy it's over, but terrified I'm already here. It seems like just YESTERDAY I was starting kendergarten. Now I'm already 4 weeks into my last year of forced education. Scary.This is the kinda thing that keeps me up at night (along with Conan O'Brien). What the heck-fire am I going to do with the rest of my life?My family wants me to be a lawyer. Suuuure. Ok. You take my SAT for me, and write my application essays, and ohh yeah, re-take high school for me....and pay my 8+ years of tuition at law school. Ohh, and give me a place to live once I graduate. Phhhh.I think that the only reason they want me to be a lawyer, is so they have something to say about me when they talk to other people. Corey's going to be a friggin' doctor one day. And I'll just be the kid that lives in the basement....and drinks a lot. Ahh, the life of the struggling 45-year-old "writer". I can semi-understand why they would want me to do something as profound as being a lawyer. I mean, it's better than my current choice. Being a hobo mime in France. In sophomore English, Ms. S "The velli" gave us an assighnment. We were supposed to come up with 50 goals for our life. I put things down like "Walk on every contenint", "Become a weather girl", "Have a turtle named 'Speedy'" and "Have a best selling book". Some ambitious, some just fillers. My favorite one was "Fall in love". I've still got that silly notion in my head. WTF? Love....nah...but I WILL take another scoop of ice cream!With that, I have decided to make a list of goals that I wish to complete in the next year. If blogs are still around in 2005 (you never know, these computers could grow legs!), I'll try to update you upon my completion.1 - Loose 20 pounds. (I'd really like to loose like 1000, but lets be practicle).2 - Graduate high school (on time).3 - Go to college.4 - Figure out what I'm going to do for the rest of my life.5 - Be a published author (and if push-comes-to-shove, I can count my BEAR GROWL articles).6 - Read 5 thick books (Includes "You can't go home again").7 - Be absolutely happy for a solid period of time.8 - Get my first kiss.9 - Make the first move.10 - Read my horoscope every single day.
So there ya go. My 10 goals for the next 365 days.
Ohh yeah, I mentioned philospohy.....yeah...I'm MOST DEF not majoring in that...so I don't have one.
One more thing. Tonight I watched the movie Igby Goes Down. It's a great movie. And even if your a guy, you'll cry at the end. Or you'll feel SOMETHING at the end of this movie. It's great. It should be required viewing for all teenagers.
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment