Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It is time.

It's the end of the semester. The last day of class was yesterday. I'm busier than I have ever been in my whole life. And, of course, I don't have time for the mental breakdown I feel I deserve.

So, my rant.

This has been the worst semester of my college career. Really, of my entire academic career, but grade school doesn't really count anymore.

I still hate accounting with a passion. And my grade will certainly reflect that. I went to class every day (only missing three days at the end because we weren't doing anything and I knew I wasn't going to pass anyway). I tried. But not hard enough. I'll be a three-peat in accounting two. I suck at life.

I hated research methods (the class I'm trying to finish my final paper in right now..writer's block. err). It was boring. Has nothing to do with management. Dr. Griggs talked me into taking it and then she left.

I had my most favoritest teacher for Human Resource Management thinking that even the most boring subject could be livened up by Dr. Cole. Wrong. Don't get me wrong. He's still the man. It's just impossible to make hiring and firing people interesting. He gave it a valiant effort, though.

Statistical Quaility Control. I withdrew from. The name is as intemidating as it sounds.

When I withdrew from that class. I added a second term class, which started in the middle of the semester. It ended up getting dropped and then I was placed in a chemistry class. Um. Yeah. I went twice...maybe three times? I'm getting an F in that class.

I'm getting a D in accounting if I'm even lucky. Dr. Cole's class...maybe a C? And maybe I can pull off a C in research methods. I know. I really suck at life.

Wanna hear the worst part?

I have to keep a 2.0 to first, stay in school, second keep my job. If I go on academic suspension, I lose my job...and I have no way of paying for my car...or my credit cards which are ridiculous. I'm basically FREAKING OUT.

I LOVE my job as an RA, and I might get that taken away from me. And my car? How am I going to pay for it?

I don't know what to do. And I SHOULD be working really hard on my research paper so I can do well in that class, but I'm having trouble with a big part of it. Which, just goes to show, start big gigantic papers early so you can ask questions because 24 hours before it's due...it's kinda hard to get those things cleared up.

Then, of course, there's the love life. Lack thereof, I should say. LOTS of mixed signals and wishes that go unfulfilled.

I want this semester to be over, but I have huge gigantic paper, Dr. Cole's final, and my accounting final to fail before it is. Then, I have to wait four more days to find out if I can still be an RA and live in my room and on campus and still be in school.

I can't write anymore now. My head hurts.

Next semester (if I can make it until then) will be better. Things can only go up from here, right?

1 comment:

WoozleMom said...

I had a similar semester and ended up switching majors. It was awful. Panic attacks were the main reason, and they're no fun. Also, one of the classes was just impossible for me to pass :)

I'm so sorry that you're going through that! I promise it will get better. Keep your chin up, no matter what happens!