Life in Asheville. Everything I always wanted.
Like I've said in a previous post. My first day here was a little rough. I was worried because EVERYONE from school wasn't going to be here. Buuuuuuuuut. I think I'm ok now.
On the first night I was here, we had a "mandatory" meeting with the three RAs that are actually here this summer. I say "mandatory" because six residents showed up. But it's ok. Because I met Lindsay Carver!
We started hanging out and it was GREAT! Because I have a friend who lives about 2 minutes away in The Village. Thank goooooooodness.
I feel more at home here than ever. When I was here during the year, Randy was here. And even after we broke up, he was still here. My security blanket, if you will. I always had someone to go to Wal-Mart with or the mall or something.
That was the hardest part, I think.
I'm totally over him. Actually, I was over him about 3 months before it was over. But he was still a good friend who knew me very well. He's still a friend, don't get me wrong. But I've learned I can live without him. Being here by myself this summer just cements that I can DO THIS! I'm alone (ok, not really, but you know..) and I'm handling it pretty well.
I miss my friends from home. But I don't really miss home. My parents are making me come home this weekend...and I guess that's ok. I guess.
Classes are ok.
I'm taking HWP 153 which is Health and Wellness Promotion. It's ok. It's 10:15am Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday...which sucks. Because as much as I've tried. I can't become a morning person. (I mean it is 2:30 am and I'm still awake and writing you..)
I'm also taking Econ 101. Which is Macro Economics. Ew. I know.
It's ok, I guess. John Bricker is the teacher..and he's ok. He just had a daughter so he gushes about her a lot. Which is cool because she's not there to cry or anything (If we don't all know my stance on children...I don't like children...at alllllll).
So, yeah. I work out three days a week, and get picked on by Brad because I wear earrings in the gym. Whatever. I like my earrings. Ohh...and Brad (the teacher) has a different pair of Nike Shox for EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR and he likes to match them to his workout attire. And I get picked on because I wear jewelry? Haha.
So, that's classes.
Eh.
I can't sleep...and it's making me mad. Because when I was home for "summer," I slept alllllll day and stayed up allllll night. But, when I got here, I started going to bed at 11, and waking up at 8, and everything was honky dory. But now I'm back to my old habits. I guess they really do die hard, huh?
Today, I was doing laundry and cleaning up (I really need to take pictures of my room. Everyone who comes in is like "WHOOOA Picture City!" (lets just say that I have the BEST view in Asheville because of my window). But I was around, and I finally figured it out.
I'm restless. I'm happy with where I am (location wise) but I'm still pretty clueless about what I want to do with my life. If I want to go to Grad School or what. I'm at that place where there's SO much behind me, and still SOOOOO much in front of me, not planned. Just sitting there.
What to do, what to do.
Ohh, I think I have another reader! Amanda Alvarez finally found this thing and cracked up on my crack down on wedding threats. One more loyal reader! Sort of.
I'm very ADD at the moment, and I can't figure out what I'm trying to say, if anything.
Blah.
I think that's all, for now. I'll put some pictures up from the time I've been here...I've gotta get some more for you!!

-- Me and Lindsay at a Tourist game...just before we almost got KILLED by a fly ball
-- Me and Alvarez after SEX AND THE CITY!!!!!

--Dylan (Pickle), Liz, me, Lindsay at Dylan and Anthony's new apartment in Ashevilllllllle!
1 comment:
I know, I know, you don't like kids...except my baby sister (at least you told me that once upon a time).
Except she's not really a kid anymore, and it's really weird! She'll be 12 tomorrow...can you believe it?!
I'm glad that being back in Asheville is better than you expected!!!
Post a Comment