Thursday, September 07, 2006

I have to do a crap load of accounting right now, but this is my way of procrastinating and venting and relaxing all at the same time.

I’ve been here, like three weeks. My roommate and I are starting to get along more, but she still annoys the crap out of me sometimes. But I guess that’s normal.

Classes…SUCK

Theatre isn’t really that bad, I just expected it to be easier (I know, I know) and the teacher doesn’t seem to understand that we all took it as a BS course to fill a requirement that none of us care about. Also, it’s at 9:30 in the morning…..

Hospitality isn’t horrible. The teacher doesn’t teach, he kind of…um…supervises field trips? And, he’s a flamer…which is hilarious if you were in class and got to see him. Ohhhh goodness.

Business Law. Not cool. That is all.

Macro Economics…holy cow. When did this stuff get hard? I mean, I made an A in Micro (in the land of easy classes) and here.. I’ve gotten 8.2s on both of my homework assignments so far. (8.2 out of 26…you do the math). The teacher really…doesn’t…teach. He walks in and starts lecture, and when we (the entire class) ask him questions, he makes us feel stupid and has no care to help us.

Accounting. I still can’t understand a damn word this man says. Ohh, and he likes to pick on me because I have YET to get a single answer right when he calls on me.

I sound like I’m miserable. And sometimes, I am. I get really tired of trying to stay out of my room, the cafeteria food SUCKSSS (more about that later), and I miss my friends and family more than I ever thought that I would.

I went home the first weekend. And the second for Labor Day (and went camping…had a BLAST…wish I could do it every weekend…for those who know me…I couldn’t believe it either..it was WONDERFUL), and just last night, I had to go home again.

I have food poising. Which caused me to miss Macro and accounting on Wednesday, and I only had Law today, but I had to miss it, too. (The doctor’s actual words when I asked her about going to class “Do you like barfing in front of 100 people?” So, I opted not to go..) I’m feeling better now. I’ve stopped throwing up, and stopped having to go to the bathroom as often, in general (I will stop there to spare you all.)

It does sound like I’m miserable, and, like I said, sometimes I am. But it’s getting better. I’m not going home this weekend because it’s the first home game. But Amber and Corey are coming up here. A little slice of home, I guess. I’m getting used to meeting more new people, and I see people I know all the time. Everything is becoming more familiar to me. And I’m very happy…because I was seriously starting to doubt the decision to come here.

So, there’s my update for now. I want to be REALLY happy the next time I write something, so that the 2-3 people that read this don’t get too worried about me. I’ll be fine, and thank you for your concern. (AKA, I MISS AND LOVE YOU KAT!! I wish we would have gotten the chance to hang out before we left, I haven’t seen you since LAST Christmas. You are the wisdom and guidance in my life sometimes…and you can make it all make sense.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...that was really funny. And yes, I am still reading. 2-3 people indeed. That's me! I told you it would get better, dear. Don't worry...I'm all kinds of stressed too, I'm taking 3 upper division math classes (among other classes, plus work). So it's fun. But college is good. I'm sure you'll get to like it more and more and time goes on.
AND I LOVE YOU TOO!!!