Thursday, August 24, 2006

COLLEGE

So, I'm here. In Boone.

I'm actually in the biggest friggin' library ever, bored, and on a 4-hour break between classes.

I've been here almost a week.

Friday I moved in, and met my roommate. Peice of mind: don't pot-luck roommates. Sometimes you get someone cool, sometimes you get a hermit. That's all about that for now.

Saturday I stayed in my room and put stuff away, and then I went to a party at midnight. I got wasteface...if I drunk dialed you and you didn't find it amusing, I apologize.

Sunday, again, I stayed in my dorm (I really should have figured out the whole 'I have a really boring roomate that never goes anywhere, does anything, or even wants to' thing then, but I was stupid). I went out that night, only I finally convinced Kristyn (the roommate from hell) to go with me. I drank, she didn't. I mingled, made friends, watched a guy last 46 seconds on a keg-stand, she didn't. She stood at the wall, with her hands in her pockets and pouted until I agreed to leave. At 12:00. Soooo not cool.

Monday was a fun day at Campus, I met up with my friend from orientation named Kristine and we got her books, ate and walked around to find our classes and stuff. That night some ALSOME DZs kidnapped me from my dorm and made me low-fat peach cobbler and let me be normal for a few hours.

Tueday was the first day of classes. I had Intro to Theatre, Intro to Hospitality, and Business Law. But, I had the final two with Kristine, so there was someone there to poke me to stay awake.

Wedensday I had two classes, Macro Econ and Accounting 1. Holy crap, this semester is going to be hard.

Even though I have only been here for a week, I'm totally overwhelmed. At first, I wouldn't admit it, I just thought that I would get used to this. But no shit, the first 5 minutes on campus the first day of class, I saw more people than I would have if I would have walked around all week at Surry. Where the HELL did all of these people come from ("And how soon can they leave, normally I'd be into it but I need to get some sleep"). There are 15,000 (litarally) people here. it's nuts. I've wanted to go to this school since my freshman year in high school, and now I'm totally rethinking it. It's SOOO huge. It's not like I'm afraid of the people, I'm afraid of all of the people coming at me at once.

I don't know if it's just my nerves, or if I'm just being paranoid or what. But I'm not sure that this was the best place for me. I really hate to be second-guessing my choice, but here I am. Doing it again (and well too, I might add). It's only the first week, and I'm seriously considering going back home this weekend. But I have a good reason. I need to do laundry (the laundry room in the dorm/hotel isn't done yet, and I'm running out of undies. It's almost my birthday, so maybe I'll get some early gifts, and I really want to watch tv 24/7 because I can't do that here, because my roommate sucks ass.) **That was a really long run-on sentence and Betty Ridolfi would bitch slap me if she saw that**.

So, that's my rant for now. This has been one of those times when I kinda just needed to get it out "tell somebody", if you will. Although I doubt anyone will read it, and if they do, want to comment on it. It's just kinda one of those letters-you-never-send kind of deals.

Ahhhh. Ok. I'm going to read because I already have an essay to write, a bajillion pages to read, and all before class at 3.




*By the way, if that random song lyric was annoying you too (tenth 'paragraph') I'll tell you that it's Designs on You by The Old 97's. It was bothering me too, so I looked it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney dearest -
College away from home is way overwhelming, isn't it? I've found that I really REALLY have to be very disciplined, or .... well, it just isn't pretty. Trust me, you (sorta) get used to it eventually. Besides, I think it's better to get used to being away from home all the time. Hard, but worth it in the end. Oops, sorry for preaching. You know I don't mean to do that. It's just that I love you so much and I want you to be happy, that's all! If you need anything, you know you can call me. Or talk to me on AIM. Even though I'm not on that often. But still, anytime. Love ya dear!
From Kathryn