Sunday, January 29, 2006

Elephant Glue

I spent the entire day with my two best friends.

I started off bright and early with water aerobics with Chelsey. Then I had lunch with Chelsey and Caroline.

Then we went to the mall, and tried on half of the clothes in Maurices, reading every single card in Hallmark, and talking to everyone we knew in the mall.

We then, proceded to go downtown and get a TON of junk food, hunker down at The Good Life and eat ALL of it. We went back to Chelsey’s and played catch phrase and HUNG OUT.

I miss Chelsey and Cal when they’re not here. I get to see Chelsey a little more often than I do Cal. So when I get to spend the whole day with both of them I feel really blessed.

Chels had a date, so Cal and I hung out.

We went to Tharrington and played on the swings and talked. We talked about everything from boys (or lack thereof) to school, home, friends, and life in general.

Its weird how Cal and I can be so much alike in the ways we think; when sometimes I think we’re so different.

Cal and I talked about how we can’t figure out what’s wrong with us. How we’ve never had boyfriends and feel like we’re missing out. We talked about the boy that’s been being a butt lately, and we talked about how scared we are of the future.

Then, we drove around for, like, two hours. Picking out places we used to go, talking about friends we haven’t kept in touch with, talking about people we don’t want to keep in touch with, and talking about how much things have changed.

We talked about how scared I am to leave home, but how happy I am, and how I’m totally ready.

We talked about how some of life is a disappointment. But how other parts are better than we could ever have imagined.

We laughed, we cried (a few times), we sang along to old forgotten songs, we got happy, we got sad. We went through the entire range of human emotions in the span of just a few hours.

We confided in each other. We learned to let our guard down a little bit. We missed each other.

At the end of this day. I realize that boys will come and go. I may never have a boyfriend. I may never have certain things that I thought I would. But I will always have these gal pals, that will comfort me when I’m upset, and who will back me up no matter what, who will laugh and stupid things with me, who will investigate the world with me, and who will go with me down weird roads, who will follow me and not be concerned about where I’m going, who will love me because they see me as perfect and ignore the world’s opinions, who will always be there for me when I need them to be. And these girls are the reason I can get up in the morning. I may think that the world hates me, but these girls, I know that they’ll always love me, no matter what.





What can I say...these girls rock my face off!!


Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket







Be young, be foolish, but be HAPPY.

No comments: