Have you ever seen a movie and then three or four years later you watch it again and you get jokes that you didn’t get before?
Maybe you weren’t “mature” enough when you first saw the movie, maybe you didn’t know enough about history or the world, or cultures, or life to “get” the dialogue.
My movie like this used to be Clueless. I saw Clueless when it came out on HBO. I can’t even tell you when that was, but I would say it was around my pre-teen years. Now, when I watched Clueless and I was 12, of course I didn’t get some of the jokes. I wasn’t supposed to. As I got older, and it would come on other TV channels, I would pause and watch it. And over a period of about five years, I got all of the jokes. Yeah, no wonder I didn’t get some of that stuff when I was 11 or 12.
Now, I watch movies like Dogma and every time I watch it, I catch something that I hadn’t before. And I like that I can watch a movie 12 times, and still hone-in on something new that I hadn’t noticed or hadn’t understood before.
Interesting, I think.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment