Monday, August 01, 2005

Random thoughts on my growing old.

I hate it when I feel like I need to say something, but I’m afraid to put it on my blog, because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

I also hate that I’ve become so addicted to MySpace. Everyday when I get home from class, I check my account to see if anyone added me. Then I check my bulletins because sometimes there are cool things on there.

Last Spring I was introduced to Something Corporate and I’ve loved them ever since.
Actually, they became the soundtrack to my Junior Summer. It was great. I remember listening to them when I was lying out at the pool last summer. They’re so great.

The other day, I stumbled upon that cd that I listened to at the pool, like, everyday.

It seems like the soundtrack to my Senior Summer is a little bit of a mix. But, a good mix.

I’ve been introduced to a TON of new music this year. Mostly, because Tillman always sends me cool stuff to listen to.

This post has no real meaning. It’s just me needing to write to be a little productive.

Is it weird to say that I think that I’ve grown up in the past few months?

I used to blame it on starting college. But I’ve been blaming a lot of stuff on starting college.

I definitely think that my summer classes have helped me. I mean, I’ve gotten a feel for how college life is. I’ve met a zillion new people, and I’ve started to learn the ropes.

But, I think that has just contributed to my growing up process.

Sure, I’m still goofy and silly, but a wise friend told me that I never seemed like I was as old as I am, he said that I always seemed older to him. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing.

I think all of this is going on inside my head because someone clued me in on the fact that I’m going to be 18 soon.

That’s weird. I’m finally going to be “legal”, whatever that means. A lot of great stuff happened in my 17th year.

I mean, I had a great Senior Year. I became friends with more people in high school. I put myself out there a little more. I went to my first “real concert” (and then my second, to see Copeland!!). I was on a school court for the first time (Senior Girls Valentine’s Court…represent!). I had THE BEST PROM EVER. I hung out with 52 of my Senior Buds in Florida for a few days. I graduated high school. I learned to ignore the drama (and the creators of that drama). I started college. I reconnected with old friends. I walked 232947349857234895 miles with Caroline almost every night (during the summer). I learned to say good-bye. I learned that I can be a little crazy, but that it’s good that I can admit it. I learned how to “move on,” and I just had fun!

That’s a lot of good things, if I do say so myself.

But, my 17th year isn’t over yet. I’ve still got 30 days to enjoy not being legal.

No comments: