Saturday, September 18, 2004

Scotty doesn't know

I decided Thursday night, that if it was going to rain all weekend, I was going to watch a bunch of movies and kick back, awaiting the arrival of Fall (the 22nd).
I have held true to my plan.

I went and got chinese takeout, and three movies from the movie store.
Shattered Glass, Big Fish, and Euro Trip (Unrated).
Shattered Glass is a good movie. Or atleast I thought it was. Some people probably wouldn't like it because it's kinda hard to get in to. I had to watch it twice, because the first time I was talking to Paula on the phone....and missed a lot of it. Still, good movie.
Big Fish. Thought it was going to be stupid, but it wasn't too bad. It didn't end right, though. The whole movie was really exciting, and far fetched. It should have gone out with a BANG! Not a blah...
Euro Trip (unrated). Holy Cow. If you want to see this, get the unrated version. You will fully apreciate the fucked up minds that brought this movie to the masses. The movie (as a whole), wasn't that good. It was predicable. But there are two VERY memorable scenes. One involves a nude beach with all males ("It's the international house of sausage"). And the other scene takes place on a train...with a gay Italian guy and a long, dark tunnel (use your imagination). The train scene, I laughed so hard, I fell off of the couch. Then I laughed some more. Holy Crap......that was unforgetable. Ohh yeah, and the "robot fight" on the streets of Paris was genius.
OK, so I watched all of those movies, and I was bored out of my mind today. What do you do when your bored out of your mind in a boring town? You go to the movies for hope of teenage normalcy. I go to the Drive-in. I prefer to enjoy my movie while having the option of watching other people make out, at the walk in movies, they're unaviodable.
I went with Sara. Whoa. Princess Diarys 2 and The Village were playing. We had both already seen the first movie, but that didn't keep us from laughing our asses off at it. HAHA. Fun times.
Next, The Village. Now, I kinda knew going into it that it was going to be scary. Sara said that this was the PERFECT date movie, because it was really scary.....yeah....ok.
At one point, I had my feet up on the steering wheel, and a scary part happend, and then Sara hit my side and scared the SHIT out of me, so my feet hit the horn, for like, 5 seconds. Now, ontop of the movie being scary, people got a double dose when my horn blew. Oopsy. Sara and I agreed to not go together anymore, because weird stuff always happens when we go to the movie together. Ohh yeah, and when my horn blew, it just opened the flood gates for countless sexual inuendos. Typical....but effing hilarious.
Adrian Brody was in this movie as a whaked out MF. He was really crazy in this movie. Joaquien Phoenix was also in this movie. You may not know who he is...but in this movie, he's the hott guy-hero. Lucius Hunt is his name...and whoa....a GREAT performance. The movie had more of a romantic side, than a scary side (I think that's actually because when you figured out the plot (in the middle of the film) you kinda gave up on the scary part..)
So that's all. The Village was scary, until you figured it out...then it was kinda dumb. And it DIDN'T end right....
If there is a sequel, and the hott guy dies, I'll be pissed.

A mellow song...

Every scream went bleeding through these paper walls and all the
make-up in the world couldn't hide the scars
I leave today, I'm packing light: a suitcase, some toiletries
The rolling hills and willow trees of Carolina wait for me

You never learned, the rules have changed since we were nine
This isn't school: boys don't assault the girls they like

The taste of blood, the claim of love: these two will here on cease
to be sprouting from your fists and tongue 'cause Carolina waits for me

Fields of grain go whipping by from the window seat
I'm drifting in, I'm drifting out catching up on sleep I couldn't get
Indentured since the very crest of 17
I left my keys and broken dreams 'cause Carolina waits for me

I will never forgive a single day
Mile markers seem to call my name and say, "you're safer now.
Through every town, we'll light your way in reflective green all the
way" The entire state of Carolina waits for me


- Ben Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie)

No comments: