Haha, I lied. Maybe I can get a good post in here, afterall.
Today, I went to do my "senior project", which is shadowing.
For those of you unfamilliar with this term, "Shadowing" isn't the game you played with your brother when you were 10. It's when you take a day off from school and you go follow around someone on a career that you are inrested in.
I chose Alison Johnson. Chase Smith gave me the idea. He shadowed Alison last year, for his project.
I've known Alison for a few years, and she was happy to show me the ropes today.
We first met at her office and got some stuff together. Our first thing on the list was to go find this house out in the middle of NO WHERE and take pictures of it. That was kinda cool except that the house was NASTY. It was SOOO gross.
After that, we went back to the office and we had to do a BPO on the house that we had just viewed. That ment, that we had to find three houses on the market and compare them to this house. That was hard because your supposed to find one home that's worse, the same, and superior to the subject. Well...it wasn't hard to find one that was superior, that's 'fo sho'. Then we had to do the same thing with houses that were already sold. That wasn't so bad.
We then, went to Rotary, which is an international club thingy for townspeople business people to get together once a week at CCCC and eat lunch and talk for an hour. Alison said it was a good business refferal thing...and hey, it's Mount Airy...and ALL WE DO is gossip. We sat with Kathy Lewis (Shannon Horne's *cough slutbitchhoe* mom)
After THAT, we went BACK out to the middle of no where and we began to list this little country store. It wasn't so bad. We didn't have to measure any of the rooms or anything, all we had to do was get the paperwork started. yay.
After that, we had to do a market anaylsis on a house for a lady that was thinking of putting her home up for sale. Whoa. It sounds hard, but it took an all of five minutes using the WONDERFULNESS that is the internet. It probably wouldn't have taken me 5 minutes, but I was using a laptop, and the cord wasn't long enough for me to put it in my lap.
So that's pretty much it. I was hoping to be out by noon, but when she told me to go ahead and leave because it was after 3, I was like WHOA. I hadn't realized that the time had gone by so quickly. It really was some fun times. I also heard some HILARIOUS stories...and I've got my info for my paper.
So when I left there, I swung by Sonic and then I went and got gas, and came home to start my mound of homework that I had THOUGHT I had put a dent into last night..boy, was I wrong!
I had some MAJOR ancient Greek Lit. to learn, and some vocab to do. I had to write a vocab story (my other post), some studying of diagraming sentences, looked over my Direct and Indirect object notes, and I'm SUPPOSED to write one of my three articles for journalism AND write my own "editorial interpretation" on an editorial I was FORCED to read in 4th the other day..."E I" means that no one signed up to do editorials (because NO ONE CARES) and Mrs. Carson wants us to "put forth our best effort" because she wants to use one of our "E I"'s in our paper....ha...no one's gonna do it!
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment