You know what I look forward to every year, at the beginning of school? I look forward to that first, and sometimes second, day that our student body is forced to change our routine, and have to attend our AA class.
I'm not excited because I WANT to go to this "class", I'm always excited when I hear the little freshmen say to eachother, "AA? Alcholics Anonomoys? WHY? What did we do?" and continue to freak out.
I hear it atleast 3 times at the beginning of August, when it's annouced that the little freshmen can see where they go for this class.
I remember being a freshman. I actually WENT to the open house, I figured out where all of my classes were, and still, the next day when I had to do it by myself, I still felt unprepared.
"Did I get all of my notebooks? Did I remember to up-date my little cheapass 'student planner' that I won't use after the second day? Did I get enough number two pencils? Do they out-law blue and black pens, and bring back pink ones? Did I get enough paper?"
WOW. Now, I'm lucky if when I get to class, I remembered to grab my notebook from my locker that DOESN'T have a friggin' lock on it, and I'm REALLY lucky if I have extra paper in that notebook, that hasn't been doodled on, or have a letter written on it.
Last semester, I didn't even carry my bookbag for a big hunk of the semester. Why break MY back? Who cares if I take a locker near all of my classes? The little freshmen are too scared to, why waste the space, or the backache of carrying all that shit around?
Next point:
Is it me? Or do my blogs bring on big news?
Today, after I talked to some friends online, I went in the living room to get the paper.
I started off with my normal reading of my horoscope, the funnies, and then when I went to flip over the paper and put it down, I saw a five person setting.
They were dressed amazingly like Amish people.
Apparently, you can judge an Amish by thier cover, because IT WAS Amish people.
It seems, that an Amish family has signed on to do a "reality" television show.
WTF? Isn't that cheating? How did they sign the contract? Did they use an ink quill? Because I know they couldn't use a ball-point pen (Actually, I don't know if they can write with pall-point pens, but I'd like to think they can't).
How do you think this came about? What is going to be on the show? Are they going to be telling the Amish how cool the real world is, and electricity, and try to lour the kids away? How do they get power to power thier cameras? And thier lights? That's one big ass extention cord...
More about school:
I got up around 1 PM. I talked to Ash for a few minutes, I took a shower, I ate some food. I dried my hair. I watched a marathon of MADE on MTV.
I've been quite torn over something. And no, I havn't been lying naked on the floor, I've been sitting fully clothed infrount of my computer.
The thing I'm torn over, is the fact that my class schedual has a little bit of a hole in it. I don't have a first period class, second semsester.
Although, my second semester is going to be EXTREAMLY easy, with our without a class first period, that isn't my worry.
My worry is the fact that it's FIRST PERIOD. There are muchos advantages to NOT having a first period. All of these advantages involve the ablility to sleep an extra hour and a half each day.
There are also a few disadvantages to NOT having a first period.
For the past three years, I have sat, waited, done some homework, chatted, eaten, and just chilled at one booth in the MAHS cafeteria. We've been sitting in that EXACT booth for 3 years. We want to make it 4 years. I'm usually the first there, if not, I get there and chill with someone who is already sitting there. I love my booth. I love the fact that 8 high school kids can fit, uncomfortably, in that booth. I love how it's convient to the BEAR BAR where I get breakfast everyday. I love how it's 10 feet away from Mrs. George's table. I love the fact that I've sat there for 3 years.
Not having a first period, would allow me NOT to get to spend the last semster, of my last year, with my friends every morning.
I don't know what to do.
Not having a class would allow me to sleep later everyday, but I would also miss stuff like schedual changes, a few programs, and just stuff (I don't, however, care about missing AA).
WHAT DO I DO?
I talked to Tammy (Mrs. Goins) and she told me that I could be an office assistant. But isn't it bad enough that all I have second semester is Sports Marketing, Show Chior, and Journalism? I mean, a college could look at me and laugh already. DAMN.
But I don't know why I'm so worried about a college looking at me, and laughing. I know that they're all gonna do it, anyway. That's why I'm going to good 'ole UNC-D before I go off to school.
Believe me, this WASN'T by choice. Although, it was my choice to get a D in Algebra 2. BUT it wasn't MY choice to take it...so THERE Mister NC Public School graduataion requirements. You have bursted the bubble of a young 16 year old girl who wants nothing more than to move far, far away from here. Poo Poo on YOU YOU!
I'm going to stop writing now, and go read some more Observational Humor...and watch That 70s Show...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment