Friday, June 11, 2004

Yeah Yeah Yeah...

So I know it's been a while since I posted, and I have quite a bit to post... So buckle your seat belts, and place your trays into the upright position...

Last night we had a party at my house...whooo (notice the LACK of enthusiasm in my tone of typing..). We made PJ. "Party Juice". It was OK...it tasted like Kool-aid...not too bad. BUT then we did shots. WHEW! That was rough...Jake Pennelton started "calling dinosaurs" <>
ANYWAY I was REALLY tired of loud, obnoxious people so I came up stairs...I was like WHOA CRAP I had forgotten to tell Ash that I was running downstairs for a minute...I felt bad, but she said it was all gravy, so that's good. We chatted for a bit, but we were both tired and I think we said goodnight around 3 AM.
Now I hopped into bed, and was flipping channels. NOTHING but Wings was on. It got me thinking about the whole "Nick at nite" thing. When I was younger, "Nick at Nite" was when I could see some "old" shows. Like THE WONDER YEARS, I LOVE LUCY, or HAPPY DAYS. I'm disappointed in the "Nick at Nite" people. They show Wings...ooo a show that went off the air like..7 years ago..And they show the Cosby show. Which, is an old show, but OMGsh they play it a LOT. They also plat Cheers, a show that I don't like very much. BUT I don't understand why they don't bring the Wonder Years or Happy Days back again... two ROCKIN' AWESOME shows! OR why don't they play GOOD shows. For example..Murphy Brown. GREAT SHOW. I wanted to be a tv anchor because of that show, and I wanted to name my son Avery, because of that show...PEOPLE PLEASE come on now...STOP THE COSBY...PLEASE.
ANYWAY I got tired of flipping channels and I put it on C-SPAN.
Now a few people may think that I am a mean or rude person for saying this..but for anyone who hasn't turned on the modern convince we call a TELEVISION in the past 5 days, I must break the news that former president, Ronald Reagan has passed away. He was in his early nineties though...I mean..Whatever. BUT I can't help feeling weird when talking about stuff like this. People cry. Now I know that some people might have known him, he might have been a personal hero for some other people..But I don't understand it...Lets see folks..What did he do for our country while he was in office? O He PLUNGED our great nation into a RECESSION! *Tumbs up* COME ON People...I know it's mean but I hope that you see where I'm going with this..BUT while I was watching C-SPAN they had a camera placed somewhere in the rotunda. I was watching the guards of the casket. There were men from all of the branches of the troops. There was a Navy man, a National Guard, an Army man, an Army Ranger and a Marine. I was laying in my bed thinking about what these guys were thinking. They were just standing there, staring at this casket with an American flag draped over it. I'm sure that at one point they all thought about how bad this was. But I could just see one of them thinking "OK...Bread, mustard, paper towels...Something else..Crap, she wanted me to pick up something else from the market" and another man thinking "Hold it in, I don't have to pee...Dry dessert...Sand..Hot sun...NO WATER". I felt kinda sorry for those men. Then, a few moments later, a door opened, and in came a new set of troops. They marched slowly around the velvet ropes, and then around and took the place of their person. Only the Marine I think got confused, and went to the Navy man. The navy man was next and you kinda saw him pause then resumed marching and stood by the next Marine. They all saluted, did something with their gun, then slowly, almost in slow motion the original "standers" moved back and the fresh people slid over into their place. The other people marched out. The whole thing took about ten minutes, and then more people started flooding into the room again.
I drifted off asleep.
I woke up this morning and I fell back asleep..I did this a few times before I got up for good. I decided to eat a little something, then go and do BUNS OF STEEL. I did BOG yesterday, and I will TOTALLY NOT be doing it two days in a row again. I had to quit when it got to the real fast part, and rest, then when it was time for the floor part, I started again. I didn't have the complete satisfaction at the end when she says "Great workout, I look forward to working out with you again, tomorrow". BUT my legs and thighs were KILLIN' so I was like whatever. I came up stairs and read Emma, Brad, Jill, and Sarah's blogs. Ahhh everyone had posted..GREAT! I was looking on my AIM list and was getting ready to say "HEY" to Emma because she came back from her away status, and a screen poped up. EMMA! We chatted about I love the 90s (JULY 12!!!!) and I told her that I would tape them for her. Then we kinda talked about what was going to be on I love the 90s, and how much we were looking forwaurd to it, but also how I love the 90s could never out-do the great and almighty I LOVE THE 80s. Then Emma went to pack and I got in the shower.
That's about it. I'm going to go dry my hair and sit around some more...byees!!

No comments: