Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The phrase "raise the bar" will be my motto for life:



Tonight at our weekly staff meeting of RAs, my boss told the Mills Staff that he will not be returning next year.

I kind of knew it was coming. A few weeks ago, at another staff meeting, he alluded to having to make a decision soon. And I knew what it meant.

Tonight, however, it completely caught me off guard. I didn't expect him to tell us this early on in the semester. And I could hardly keep it together.

My boss, has truly helped me SO MUCH in the last two years. He made my experience as an RA these past two years unbelievable. He's helped me realize what I want to do when I "grow up." He's helped me finally move toward a career that I truly believe I am cut out to do for the rest of my life.

I'm sad now. And I have a feeling that I will be kind of mopey for a few days. And then I will realize that I still have the rest of the semester to hang out and learn as much as possible from him before he leaves.

I'm still applying to be an RA again next year. I truly do love my job, and even though there will be some drastic changes for me, it's about time I was tested and moved from my comfort zone, right?

I need to go to sleep now, probably more on this later.

<3 CoCo

No comments: