Tuesday, April 08, 2008

And for the moment, you can hardly breathe.

I've decided that the only time I'm EVER going to post, is in the wee hours of the morning, when I'm not sleeping.

Just kidding. But, at the rate I'm going, I'll be posting quite often.

I don't understand how I'm not tired. I didn't take my usual afternoon nap (yes, in my old age, of 20, I've reverted to kindergarten behavior).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Real Monsters).

Haha, I'm in a playful mood, it seems.

I can't get comfy on my bed, and I'm sick of sitting at my desk.

¡Necesito el verano!, dammit.

So, for some reason, I really want to write my aunt a letter. It's not like we normally exhange letters, or even phone calls. I just want to fill her in on what's going on in my life, you know?

I want to write her a funny/clever/smart-ass note, and include some pictures, because I haven't seen the woman since Christmas.

I want to put pictures in the note, too. Like, I want to have someone take a picture of me the way I am now. Propped up on my bed, with my computer "pretending" to do work. And I want a picture of me filing or doing something funny like standing on the big yellow ladder at work. And I want to take a picture of the table where I sit at lunch with all of my friends.

I basically want to document my college experience. I haven't done that great of a job since I've been in college. Well...I have some funny beer pong pictures, but that's about it.

I changed my pricture on my blog (if you hadn't noticed). This is "Classic Courtney." My classic (drunk) pose, me being my crazy self.

One day I'm going to miss this. I'm going to miss eating cold pizza for breakfast, and staying up until 5 am, and doing crazy/stupid things with my friends. The worst part is, it won't be long until I'm missing these times. Shit.

Kathryn's wedding announcement came in the mail today.

It makes it official. Not that it wasn't before, but now I have tangible proof that she's getting married. I remember middle school when I met her, and high school where we became friends. And it's wierd, it seems like we've become better friends since we've been away at school. Crazy how me bing in North Carolina, and her being in Utah (accross the country) has made us become closer.

I always knew Kathryn was wiser beyond her years, but sometimes she leaves me messages that just cements that fact.

I'm happy she's getting married, but it scares the hell out of me.

For two reasons:

Kathryn's older than me, and getting married at 21. There are about 6 people (of our high school friends) in between us, and I'm the youngest. Does this dictate a pattern? Will I be the last to marry? Will I get married at all?

The other reason...I had it a second ago...I elaborated more than I was planning on the first one, and I forgot it. Forgive me, it could come back at any moment.

So, yeah, Kathryn's getting married. Wow.

I'm ready for my month of summer. Which, if you think about it, is sweet. My last final is May 7, and I move back up to Asheville for summer classes on June 3. So, I've got a little less than a month. I've got days to be lazy, hang out with some friends that come home for the summer, and then return to the grind. Then I go home for, like 5 days, and move back up for RA traning 10 days early, and August 18th is the first day of Fall semester.

In a way it's like I'm wishing away my time. But it doesn't really matter to me (wow, I say this, and up top I bitch about how much I'm going to miss college...GET IT TOGETHER).

But yeah. That's where I am.

And I'm no closer to sleep. Err.

Speaking of pictures from parties..These are just SOME of the people I could not live without.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is scary, I agree. And very official. And happening in 17 days!!!!!!!!! Weird.

And I don't think that's a pattern that will hold. I'm in the middle in age. Right? Yeah. Which 6 are you referring to (I can't keep all the years and changes and stuff straight, maybe I'm getting old)? Anyways, even though you are the youngest, don't worry. You never know when what you've been waiting for is going to show up! Trust me, I wasn't planning on this! I was planning on getting married in a few years. First, I was going to serve an 18-month mission for my church. But now I'm getting married instead. Yeah.

Change is scary, but good. Really.

I love you!