
So, I'm officially single.
It's been a long time coming.
Kathryn, is it ok if I come to your wedding alone?
Anyway...I'm sitting in the gallery in the Student Union today...guarding baskets with my life.
The baskets are REALLY cool, I'm actually tying to take a pciture right now of the one's I'm sitting behind..but people keep looking at me funny. There...I don't know where it is on the page, though.
It's hilarious..I have headphones on, behind this pillar thing in the gallery, so people don't always see me when they enter...and I can tell they're thinking "I wonder what she's listening to?"
Hanson's MMM Bop right now...rockin' out, too!
So yeah...I'm single..and it's weird. But ok. But not. All at the same time.
I'm just procrastinating. I have SO MUCH to do this week. Geez.
I've applied for an RA position here at UNCA. I had my first interview on Friday. It was a panel interview where four people just asked me questions and rated my answers, and it was funny/nerve racking/weird all at the same time.
I walked in and the CD (Community Director) for my dorm, Founders, was on the panel for my interview. The first thing he says to me is "So Courtney, is it true you went to Appalachian?" And I said, "Yes sir, I did"...and then he fires back with "Well, I'm a Michagin fan." What am I supposed to say to that? So, I said, "Ohh, is that a big 'X' on my application, should I just leave now?" (In a joking way) And I think he knew I was there to play ball.
So, they asked my the expected questions, Why do you think you'd make a good RA, what do you like about UNCA? Why do you want to be an RA, etc.
But (sidenote) this interview is part of two required interviews, there is actually a third one that's optional, if you think you didn't do well in your pannel interview, you can set up an individual interview with a person from a list. So, when I left, they didn't mention the third optional interview. Was this a subtle hint?
Anyway, during the interview, one of the questions was "If there was a fire, and assuming all of your residents were out of the building, what would to go in and try to save?" And my response, my computer. Now, I had amazing reasons for wanting to save my computer. First of all, it's new. I got it in January. And it's like my baby. I don't let anyone touch it, or scratch it, and I love it dearly. But my answer verbatun was, "My computer." "Why" "It's like my baby, I just got it, and I love it" "What kind of computer is it?" "A black macbook." Ryan (my CD, who is also black): "Ohh, a BLACK macbook" ...(my inner monologue "Jesus Christ, what have I done?" It was supposed to an answer like "It's my baby, it has EVERYTHING, it's got my work, pictures of all of my family, (and it's not even paid off yet)" but that just didn't come out.
Anyway, I have the second "interview" which is a group interview where they want you to play stupid games and act like you enjoy it, and participate and not think it's lame. That's tomorrow night..and I keep forgetting about it, shit.
I find out Friday if I got it, and it's starting to really scare me. I really want it. It really does seem like a good job for me. And it seems fun. Plus, I'll come back to school 10 days early and get to make some new friends.
I also keep forgetting about my stats meeting today at 4:45 after class..errr.
So, I think that's all right now. I'm listening to Billy Joel's "Piano Man" if the weird guy who's been in here WAYYY too long wants to know.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day. Yay for Hanson, haha :)
Of course you can come by yourself. I am not making this a formal or uptight affair at all. Dates are not required or expected, come late and leave early if you want, wear whatever you want...I don't care. Minimal fussiness. That's what I like. I'm keeping it simple and pretty, so whatever you want to do, do it! :)
I hope you get the RA job! It sounds like so much fun. Good luck playing lame games though. Hahahaha.
Love ya!
Post a Comment