Last summer I was trying to decide what to do about college and I was talking to Ashley Gilreath about it. She made this poem for me and I had almost forgotten about it when she left it in a message for me this morning.
College… college
Nothing on her mind
As she sits at her pooter
Thinkin’ stuff of all kinds
College.. college..
That’s all she can say
But Courtney Lynn Council
Will be a hobo-mime someday
Not the subways of New York,
Or the Dumpsters of LA
Only the finest of city slums
On the stones of a Parisian café
A hobo by nature,
Yet a mime by dream
This college bound dropout
Makes quite a silly scene
People walking down the street
Have mercy and drop a quarter
But when she pees upon their feet
Things get quite out of order
When miming, she’s silent
When begging, she’s rude
When sitting or squatting
She’s always screaming for food!
To College.. to college..
I guess she will go
But no matter what she studies,
I’ll always know…
It’s alright,
It’s ok.
Courtney will be
A hobo-mime someday!
- Ashley Gilreath
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment