Saturday, December 18, 2004

Preparing for the New Year

Christmas is less than a week away, but, for me, it might as well be another month away. I'm not really excited about Christmas this year. I know, I know, how can I not be excited about Christmas? You get presents, and stuff. Well, this year, I know almost everything that I'm getting from my parents and everyone else. That kinda takes the shock value out of the holiday season.

Since I'm not excited about Christmas, I will write about something that I am excited about. New Years.

New Years is that special time of year when we resolve to lose 10 pounds, buckle down and get better grades, and search for World Peace. Well, that's just a little too normal for me.

Sure, I'd like to lose 10 pounds, but I'd also like to lose 50, too. Yeah, I'd like to get better grades, but my upcoming classes almost ensure a good report card. And as for the World Peace thing...well...I think I'll let the many beauty pagents in America cover that wish.

No, for the upcoming 2005 year, I'd like to improve my social and relationship outlook. What does this mean? Well, I've got one semester left in high school, and I'd love to pack some fun times into my last 5 months of that institution we all love to call MAHS. More parties, more haning out with friends, more doing stupid stuff at 2 am.

On the relationship front...well, I really wouldn't mind having one. I'm a Senior in high school and the only "date" I've ever been on was Prom '04. And I don't really consider that a "date". *sigh*

In the next year, I will be taking some very large steps. I will be graduating high school, and starting college. With these events come very good chances of fulfilling my resolutions. I will be going to college, I'll be meeting new people. A good thing? I sure hope so. Ohh yeah, one more big step will take place for me in 2005. I'll turn 18. I really don't care very much...but one good thing that will come out of that will be that I won't have to lie to get into some movies anymore...

Graduating saddens me. I know that I've got a lot of fun times left with my friends. One more "Free Style" picture to take with my "gals", Prom 2005 (ugh..), Senior Trip, Service of Celebration, and the big one, Graduation Night. But everytime I see a new episode of "My Coolest Years" on VH1, I can't help but think, that soon, I'll be looking back on the times I had in high school. *tear*

Now, I'm going to go...and watch SNL, and talk to Tillman about how much we're gonna miss school...

No comments: