I love needing a jacket to go out at night. I love getting to layer three shirts and wear comfy clogs. I love being able to see my breath when I breathe. I love my cheeks and my nose getting pink, with out the use of makeup. I love that light sniffling that I have do in the Fall.
Tonight, was ideal. I was bored all day long, so I decided that I would go to the Drive-In. But they've had the same two things (Shark Tale and Shrek 2) for three weeks. So, I called the "DT". Dodgeball was playing (yes!). I've wanted to see it, so I called up Sadie, and it was a date!
The movie was hilarious. Sara snorted through the whole thing!HAHA. The one-liners in that movie are awesome. Of course, the movie was completly predictable, but at least it was funny!! And after the movie, I went back and asked Matt what the "Christmas in a cup" stuff was at The Good Life. Then, he told us to wait because the "fat Ben" sang "Milkshake" at the end of the movie. I swear, we were all in the floor laughing at that part!
So, after the movie, Sara and I walked up to The Good Life Cafe and there was a show going on. So, while we waited on-line for about 10 minutes, we got to hear some songs the band was playing. The joint was packed, so I took my Spiced Chai Latte (sp?) and went back to my car. Ahhhh, Christmas in a cup. That stuff is the shit!
Then, Sadie and I headed to Lowe's Food because I needed some Burt's Beeswax. Gotta love it!! I also had a brief conversation with a guy named Cody who is a bagboy at Lowe's. I'd love to say it was romantic ('cause he was cute!) but we were discussing the random black cat that ran out before Sara and I in the lot. Haha.
But, the whole reason that tonight was ideal was that it was good, chilly weather and I saw a funny movie, laughed my ass off, got some warm, yummy "Christmas in a cup" and walked down an empty street window shopping. And I had FUN. I've really started to embrace the small town life. As much as I hate it here, I can see how, one day, I might want to come back here (for a visit).
Last night, I went to a wedding. I had been (sort of) dreading this the whole week. I went to the shower, and tought that the wedding was going to be horrible.
I had a blast! There were only 28 people there. It was small, and very nice. I talked to everyone at the party. I talked to Jim Grow (some of you might remember him from middle school, the computer teacher) for thirty minutes, and I actually enjoyed it! I met this freshman kid that goes to my school. His name is Brad and he's number 25 (I think) on the JV football team. He knew me and asked Mary (the Bride's mom, a good family friend) to introduce him to me. Fun times. After everyone left, my mom and I stayed and talked to Jenny and Randy (the bride and groom) and Mary for a long time. It was a lovely event. I'm really glad that I went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment