Friday, October 29, 2004

Huh?

I've had DC's "As lovers go" stuck in my head since Emma started singing it this morning.

I've been looking for a group picture of Dashboard Confessional for an hour now. Everytime I find some pics, they're not good, and then the rest of them are ALL of the lead singer, Chris Carrabba. Whatever. I'll post it, anway. Chris Carrabba = hott.

Since I've had DC stuck in my head all day, I listened to it in my car on my way to babysitting and other stuff tonight. Ahhh, gotta love it! One band that REALLY reminds me of DC is Further Seems Forever, one of the bands I'm going to see on the 11th!! Yes, I like Dashboard Confessional and FSF, and I have a vagina (who knew,
Tillman).

Today was a fun day. I went to Renaissance Fair in Charlotte. I was surpirsed that I had fun, is that weird? This past week I've been, well, dreading it. But chillin' on the bus, and talking with people whom I havn't spoken with about grade school memories was fun. The actual fair was coolio. It was rainy and cloudy and yucky, but the highlight of the day was when Paula and I ventured upon the "mater". I call it the "mater" for short. It was a booth where you pay a dollar and get a tomato and then you throw it about 25 feet away at this guy who's in a wall, yelling obsene things at you. HAHA. One guy was EFFING HILARIOUS. And he would talk to the crowd and stuff. HAHA. Fun times. The bus ride back seemed like it was NEVER going to end. I think it's because I wanted to fall asleep, and Paula wouldn't let me. At one point, I wsa turned around in the seat of the bus, and all I could see was the top of Tillman's head, and Zack's ball cap. So, when I went to squirm in my seat, I would catch a glimpse of Tillman mouthing the words to his cd. One time, I could SWEAR he was mouthing "baby" like five times in a row. I could just imagine Tillman listening to N'SYNC or something....no, I couldn't.

You know one thing I hate? I hate it that people in high school actually think that their relationship is going to last. Now, I know that there are a few 'high school sweethearts' that last forever, but that's a FEW. There's a freshman in my WH class that just got engaged to a 22 year old. WTF? I'm 17 and I wouldn't go out with a 22 year old. WTF is she thinking? I could also never even CONSIDER getting married. Right now, I'm too self-centered. I couldn't get married right now. I couldn't deal with my mom not ironing my clothes, or fixing dinner, or giving me money for gas and food and stuff. WTF? This 15 year old is getting MARRIED? It irks me and makes me feel sorry for her at the same time. Geez Louise.


Now that I've gone off on my tangent (SAT word, take THAT Princeton Review!), I'm going to leave you with a picture and MY favorite song by Dashboard Confessional.

Hands Down - DC

Breathe in for luck, breathe in so deep
This air is blessed, you share with me
This night is wild, so calm and dull
These hearts they race from self-control
Your legs are smooth as they graze mine
We're doing fine, we're doing nothing at all.


My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me
So won't you kill me, so I die happy
My heart is yours, to fill or burst
to break or bury, or wear as jewelry
Whichever you prefer


The words are hushed, let's not get busted,
Just lay entwined here undiscovered.
Safe in here from all the stupid questions..
hey did you get some?
Man, that is so dumb.
Stay quiet, stay near, stay close
they can't hear, so we can get some.


My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me
So won't you kill me, so I die happy
My heart is yours, to fill or burst
To break or bury, or wear as jewelry
Whichever you prefer


Hands down, this is the best day I can ever remember
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo,
The dim of the soft lights, the scent of your hair
That you twirled in your fingers
And the time on the clock when we realized it's so late
And this walk that we shared together
The streets were wet and the gate was locked
So I jumped it, and let you in
And you stood at your door with your hands on my waist
And you kissed me like you meant it
And I knew that you meant it
That you meant it, that you meant it
And I knew that you meant it, that you meant it.




No comments: