Thursday, September 09, 2004

Windshield Wiper Workout

Ahh, what a great use of alliteration in my title....whoa....when did I become Mrs. Carson?

Today, it rained. When I say it rained, I don't mean in sprinkled all day. I mean it RAINED.

For a while, we thought that we'd get out of school early. But, Mouse Man (Dr. Farley, MACS's new Superintendant) must have decided to continue being a PRICK and not let us out. We (as students) came up with some very interesting reasons as to why we should be let out early.

  • The high school student drivers are enexperienced, and we don't know how to drive in the dangerous HURRICANE rain.
  • The low-roads were already puddling, did ANYONE see the news about if there is 1 foot of water flowing, your car can get carried away??
  • 3 inches of rain = 1 inch of snow....we get out for snow ALL THE TIME!

and my favorite argument..

  • We're all tired, and no one did their English homework...LET US OUT BEFORE SECOND PERIOD!!!

Haha, that's a REALLY good argument..Only, Mr. Farley never got the memo that the town of Mount Airy was getting FLOODING rainwater, AND we were under a Tornado Watch until 2 PM. Ohh yeah, The Chad told us we wer crazy, too.

So what did we do in all of our classes besides complain about being at school??

Hum....what did we do....

Math, we did word problems. Belton did like 3 examples, and then gave us our work for the day....but everyone just sat there and talked...

English, we had two tests..ON THE SAME THING. Holy crap! Atleast we're DONE with subject/verb agreement. Then we got our "study guide" for our test on Friday. Our test is on the Anglo-Saxon time period. Our "Study guide" was 95 questions....and they're due tomorrow....and I've done about 10....

World History. Holy crap...AGAIN! Since I missed yesterday, I missed a SOLID 90 minutes of note-taking. So, I had to copy all the notes....all 7.5 overhead sheets. Then, we were working on a study guide. So I got to like, number 6 when he told us to go over it. So, when he went around the room and asked me what I got for number 8, I didn't know, said "D" and I was wrong...dammit.

Lunch was so-so. I left and went to Sonic. I was STARVING. When I got there, I ordered at 1:00 EXACTLY. At 1:02, my food came out. Holy Cow. So I scarfed it down, and got back to school at quarter after. Then I just sat there and listend to Mikel do SOUTH PARK impressions.

Jimmy: Knock Knock

Cartman: Who's there?

Jimmy: Orange

Cartman: Orange who?

Jimmy: Orange you glad I didn't say ba

Jimmy: Orange you glad I didn't say baa

Jimmy: Orange you glad I didn't say baa baaaaaa

Jimmy: Orange you glad I didn't say baa baaaa baaaaaaaa

Jimmy: BANANA?!

Then journalism, I had to re-take pictures of Blake. So I went and got him out of Band. Then Liz and Dylan wanted to get out of class more, so we went to the Art room. Ugh. Mrs. Bryant got smart with me, and called Mrs. Carson and told her that we were hanging around down there too much, AFTER we got some ligitamate journalism business finished...UGH. So, when I got back to class (After Dylan and Liz FREAKED out), I just talked-fast and told Mrs. Carson that we were only in there 5 minutes (we really were!) and that we were talking about where to take our pic. No big. (But, Mrs. Bryant still pissed me off. From now on, I'm working alone.)

So, after school, Sadie and I did our usual chill in the parking lot. We talked to Nick for like, half an hour, and then it started POURING again, so we left the "car park" at quarter 'til 4.

I came home, did my homework, took a nap, ate dinner...and now I'm typing this. Next, I'm studying for my World History test tomorrow..

No comments: