My aunt called today. My Aunt De Dee called to talk to my mom, for like, an HOUR.
I really didn't care that my aunt called today. Until, that is, my mom got off the phone with my aunt.
Now, before I begin to vent, I will state that I love my aunt very much. She's a really nice lady. She's also long winded, and over-concerned.
She called to talk to my mom about my future.
She thinks I should be a teacher. Ha.
She mentioned that I should get the Teaching Fellows Scholorship (hahahaahah, with my grades??) and that I should teach for four years, atleast. WHAAAAAAT?
When my mom told her that I wasn't fond of kids, my aunt said that I could also become a nurse.
Apparently, my aunt doesn't know my weak tummy can't handle the word "blood". Just saying Andrew Blood's name, makes me crindge *crindge*.
I don't know what brought on this sudden intrest in my life. She's never really cared before. It's nice to know someone's concerned but, the next thing I know, she'll be wanting me to go to Law School like the rest of my family.
I have a theory about my family wanting me to be a lawyer. I think, that they think, that since my brother will MAYBE, one day, be a doctor of education, that they think there should be a lawyer in the family.
I'm confused about what I want to be when I "grow up". Not so much confused, as not having the slightest idea in the first place. I am, however, still considering being a hobo-mime on the streets of Paris. Ash seems to think it's a good idea.
Now, before my aunt called, I went walking downtown and I watched a few movies.
My walk was GREAT! I missed being by myself and listening to music and thinking. I was suprised, though. Normally, I think of things that I really shouldn't think really hard about. I run through daydreams as I tromp down the sidewalks of downtown Mayberry. But, today, I can't even tell you what I thought about. I had my cd player with a mixed cd of Something Corporate, Death Cab for Cutie, Better than Ezra, Jamie Cullum, and Jay-Z (whoa...that really is an odd mixture).
The movies I watched were Drive Me Crazy, and Serendipity.
I hate it when I watch Serendipity. Why? Because it's the kind of movie that you know is going to end right. The whole movie is predictable. But, for some reason, you think through the whole movie that it's not going to end right. Even though you can guess the next thing to happen. It's really odd. I call it a "romantic thriller". You're on the edge of your seat until the last 3 mins, when the movie (enevitably) ends right. (M. Night Shyamalan could take some pointers from this movie..)
I also watched Drive Me Crazy. For some reason, when this movie is playing on tv, I can't resist watching it. It's like, the reverse of Jaw Breaker. (ohh yeah, that reminds me...we call Rebekah FERN now....it fits perfect, doesn't it?!!). I always watch this movie for reasons I do not know. Maybe there was NOTHING else on tv, I had already read all of the latest columns on CH.com...and looked at the pictures.
Now, I'm watching When Harry met Sally. A classic.
I wish a good movie, like The Graduate would come on AMC more often....or anything written by John Hughs BEFORE 1990.
Monday, September 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment