He was lying on the bed. He looked so peaceful. His little white gown with little blue designs on it. His covers placed on his chest perfectly.
She didn't want to wake him. She just walked around to the empty chair. She saw the flowers he had gotten. She added her own little vase with flowers. Tulips.
She quietly moved the chair over to the window on the far side of the room. She opend the blinds and settled down in the chair to read a bit.
When she got up, the had a blanket covering her. She looked at his bed and he was still resting.
She moved the chair back to the other side of the room. She settled down to read again. She drifeted to sleep in a few minutes. The past few days had been a bit of a blur.
When she woke up, she looked at her watch. 11:11 pm. She got up to gather her coat, and heard a faint "Don't leave".
She turned quickly to see his eyes open. He tried to sit up and she rushed to his side and gently pushed him back.
"I'm sorry I woke you", she said, "I just thought that I should leave, maybe your parents would like to come in.." "No", he said, "Stay, please."
He gave her this look, this indescribable look. She leaned down to hug him. his arms reached around her and pulled her close to him. She sat on the bed, and eventualy lay down beside him.
In the morning, the nurse came in with his breakfast. She found the two in a gental embrace. His arm tucked around her shoulder and her hand and head resting on his chest.
The nurse didn't make a noise, she just left the tray and backed out of the room.
"He is resting, but it's good..I wouldn't wake him just yet.", the nurse said to his parents.
Thanks for the help on this one, Ash!!!!
"Comfortable" ~ John Mayer
I just remembered, that time at the market
snuck up behind me and jumped on my shopping cart
And rode down, aisle 5
you looked behind you to smile back at me
crashed into a rack full of magazines
they asked us if we could leave.
Can't remember, what went wrong last September
But I'm sure that you'd remind me, if you had to
Our love was, comfortable and
so broken in
I sleep with this new girl i'm still getting used to
my friends all approve, say she's gonna be good for you
they throw me, high fives
She says the bible is all that she reads
and prefers that I not use profanity
your mouth was, so dirty
Life of the party
and she swears that she's artsy
but you could distinguish
Miles from Coltrane
Our love was, comfortable and
so broken in
she's perfect, so flawless
or so they say, say
She thinks I can't see the smile that she's fakin'
and poses for pictures that aren't being taken
I loved you
grey sweat pants, no makeup, so perfect
Our love was, comfortable and
so broken in
she's perfect, so flawless
I'm not impressed, I want you back.
Wednesday, June 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment