Sunday, June 20, 2004

The anatomy of the mindfuck..

Just now, while reading "mindfuck" in an article online, I thought of the title of this blog. Originaly I wasn't going to post today. It wasn't a very eventful day, but now, since I have a KICK ASS title, I figured I would. I know that I'll never be able to remember it, anyway.

As I said, today was quite uneventful. I got up early this morning. **Note early means before 2 pm**
No, actually I got up at like 10:45 this morning. I was proud of myself!
But I got up, and washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got my pool stuff together. Then Amber came up stairs and scared the HOLY MOTHER FUCKING BEJESUS out of me (I scare EASILY).
But then we went to the pool to meet my parents, Mary, Jenny, and "Master".
Mary is Mary Watson, she's married to Connie Watson (our local sheriff of "Mayberry"), and Jenny is Mary's daughter. "Master" is Jenny's boyfriend. We call him "Master" because he looks just like Dick Sergent on Bewhiched. I actually paused for a minute and attempted to think of "Master's" real name...I'm thinking Randy? But I could be wrong.
Anyhoo, I had fun at the pool today. I was AMAZED because this was THE first time I had been to the pool when there were actually people there in almost three years. GUESS WHAT? I had forgotten that I'm 16 now... I CAN SWIM AT BREAK!!
It has always been a long-standing rule at the Elk's Lodge pool, that to swim during the 15 minute break every hour, you have to be 16. OMGsh I was like FUCK TO THE YEAH when I asked my brother (who is a life guard at the pool) if I could swim at break. I had thought that he would say yes because I was his little sister, and he goes "Yeah, your 16" I was like OHH YEAH!
Now lets start back in on the story. I got there and Amber and I took our bags in and put our towels on our chairs and stuff, and I look up while stratigically taking off my shorts, and see Trey Johnson holding up a cup and like...looking at me. I was like WTF? Then I saw what he was doing. They were having a wedding reception at the pool tonight, and Trey was putting up the tent at shit. So not only does Trey have the satisfaction of seeing me sweat my ass off when I'm walking on the track, and he's at football..but now he has seen me in a bathing suit. I just kept the reassuring fact that he was a junior this year..and I'm a SENIOR...take THAT!
Later, Kayla Tate and one of her little slut friends, Alex Ledford, and Payten Mason showed up. Great. I just kinda ignored them.
After we left the pool, I came home and discovered a HORRIBLE pain in my ear. All day long I had attempted to keep water out of my ear, and now it's STILL throbing with a horrible shooting pain..and I can't hear SHIT.
Even after three rounds of SWIMERS EAR, there is still SOMETHING in there 'causing a wrenching pain in my left ear, and essentially, left part of my brain (WHICH conrolls the RIGHT side of my body thanks, Bodnar!)
Now I'm sitting here with my cd player loaded with Dashboard Confessional and ear phones on. But only on my right ear..because my left ear hates me..what else is new?
I wouldn't have my cd player on, because I'm sure your like..."HEY DUMASS you have a computer, put the cd in the computer.." BUT lemme tell ya, my computer hates me, too. Because my Windows Media Player REFUSES to open up. DARN IT. I REALLY wanted to burn a new cd..but NOOOO it officially hates me. Although, I feel that this particular hatred for me doesn't come entirely from my computer, but partialy from my brother who "fixed my computer" a few days ago, and it hasn't worked properly since...hum...
But anyway, I was home, and I had drops in my ear, and I couldn't really move so what else was there to do? SLEEP! I took a small nap, then returned to talkin' to my peeps on various IMs.
I was PUMPED when Emma skipped a I'm sure "Lame" dance to get on the net at GSW! The only "interation" between us has been blogging (well I've been reading HERS but....). We didn't talk too long, just hellos and hows it goin's and quick I love the 90s talk..then she had to go...
After I had put yet another 4-5 drops in my ear, I got up to my computer.
I figured I would check out Brad's blog, because it's been a few days. Now, I don't remember EVERYONES blog address, so I opened a new internet page, and went to "Favorites"..my computer really DOES hate me, because SOMEHOW all of the pages that I have bookmarked are GONE. That's a pain in the effing arse. So I had to go through my history, to get the address. Then as I was searching thtough the 5 million pages I've visited in the past three days, I saw c o l l e g e h u m o r . c o m..well I HAD to see what bored kids stuck in summer session were up to, so instead of reading Brad's blog, I've been exploring the grand columnists that c o l l e g e h u m o r . c o m employes.
I read all of Matt Boor's articles the other night, and I figured I could read some other peoples articles.
I started my search with Aaron Karo "RUMINATIONS". He looked like a bit of an ass from his picture, but his articles exsuded "I'm a rich, smart, asshole frat guy"...hum...NO
Next I was on to "Suit Confessions" by Meg Connolly.
I was thinking that since she was the only girl writer, she might be good...little did I know...
My final choice (third one down the list) was Court Sullivan's "Points in Case".
**DING DING DING** we have a winner. This guy is Matt Boor..only he's kinda funnier, and less "Holden Appler"-y..if that makes sense. He lives in Alabama and goes to Emory...and he's kinda cute, too.
He actually describes college the way we all expect it to be, but never hear about. The constant fight with the alarm clock, the never ending research papers, and the great parties.

"-Well, a little while ago it was Parent’s Weekend here at Emory. What a contradictory scene: half the kids are ridiculously sober because they’re out with their parents, and the other half are ridiculously drunk because it’s so boring having half the campus sober. I guess it’s just nature’s way of preserving a healthy campus alcoholic equilibrium."

FUNNY STUFF --

But anyway...I think that Ima go put some more drops in my ear, and read some more Court...LOL...
'Til next post...


FUNNY QUOTE::: "I got my apendix taken out the day before New Years, you don't have to tell me how much it sucked. But I was laying in the hospital bed real late when the nurse came in to check on me 'So do you always work the graveyard shift', I said trying to make conversation. "Son, I work in a hospital, We don't call it the 'Graveyard Shift'"...I guess I never thought of it that way.."

No comments: