SUMMER.......
They were walking down the street, after getting ice cream. On Main Street, it seemed okay for them to walk, hands locked and happy. After what had seemed like forever for the both of them, they finally felt that it was okay for them to be seen together. Not like they were once in horrible breakups, but only the fact that they had waited for so long for something to happen, they wanted to cherish it for as long as possible.
Walking down the sidewalk of Main Street, the two seemed happy. His arm around her shoulder, she felt safe for the first time in her life, she was safe. In his embrace, she was safe from any criticiums of the world, she was safe from any hurtful things that could happen to her.
As the two approached the corner, she turned to the right to see if they could pass, and when she turned back around to look left, she felt his arm move. They were now standing facing one another, and she took a quick lick of her ice cream cone. She felt the icy vanilla on her lip, and he said, "You have some, just there." Without skipping a beat, his face approached her lip, and kissed away the ice cream. Not only kissing away the ice cream, but kissing away any fears that she could have had. They continued walking down the street. Hand-in-hand...Happy.
OHHH How excited I am! I found out that I don't have to take any of my exams! I am on cloud NINE! Tomorrow, at 3:08, my summer officially begins!!!! And then I think I am entitled to officially call myself a SENIOR at Mount Airy High School!!!! Except for graduation Friday night, and changing my schedule in June, I won't have to see that school for two months!!!!
YAY!!! All of the DRAMA of the past 10 months will be dismissed for the careless, lazy days of summer... HOW EXCITING!!! Although I know that in about two weeks I will be bored out of my mind, I can enjoy the next two weeks without deadlines for papers or articles, without bells ringing, and I will have the ability to use the restroom any time I please, without getting a tardy.
Tuesday, May 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment